- Check the Installation checklist.
Steps for UNIX and Linux systems
The following section gives detailed instructions on how to install this software on UNIX and Linux systems. After each step is complete, you should check for any problems or errors that may have occurred.
- As the APPLMGR user, log in to the Application Tier (APPL_TOP) by sourcing the environment file. If you have multiple Application Tier file systems, apply this patch to the primary node first.
- If the Database Tier is not already running, start it. The Application Tier can continue to run, although you should review the advice provided in the Downtime section of the Applaud Solution Production Installation Whitepaper (Chapter 1).
- Unzip the patch to your chosen location:
$ unzip xxasemp-v<version number>.zip
- Start the Installer:
$ cd xxasemp-v<version number>
Please consider these notes during installation:
- The Installer will prompt for any additional information, such as the APPS password, and guide you through patch installation. Follow any instructions exactly as provided and do not skip any steps.
- If instructed to perform manual steps, perform them when stated rather than deferring to a later point.
- Patch installation typically takes several minutes to complete. Please be patient and do not interrupt or close the patch session.
- The patch will present you with an option to run AutoConfig during installation. If you choose to run this later you must remember to do so; this is needed before using the app for the first time.
Running AutoConfig only needs to be done on the first install; it does not need to be run when future software upgrades are applied.
Steps for Windows systems
For installation on a Windows system, please use the MKS toolkit and follow the same steps as for a UNIX-based installation.
- Steps for application tiers with multiple file systems (conditional)
- Perform post-requisites
- 12.2+ specific instructions (R12.2+ users only)
- Enable network connectivity to Applaud Cloud
- Enable Database Result Cache
- Configure Single sign-on (Optional)
- Set the XXAS: Google Maps API Key profile option
- Schedule License Management concurrent program
- Run Gather Schema Statistics concurrent program
- Activate after purchase