This article is focused on the system administration tasks surrounding installation, typically performed by a Database Administrator. Additional tasks are required to configure and use the app; please see Quickstart for more details.
If you do not yet have the patch zip, you can download the latest version from the Software Downloads section of our Knowledge base. You will need to register for a user account before you can download the software.
The patch zip file will be of the format xxasemp-v<version number>.zip. For example, the first-ever version of the patch file was called xxasemp-v000001.zip. When you have receipt of this file, you are ready to follow the steps outlined below.
Applaud Solution's products integrate seamlessly with your existing Oracle E-Business Suite implementation and do not have any additional pre-requisites other than those already stipulated by Oracle. Oracle E-Business Suite pre-requisites are documented in relevant Oracle Applications Installation and Upgrade Guides and Supported update notes.
To install an Applaud Solution's product, you must have the Oracle E-Business Suite correctly installed on an Oracle-supported platform. The supported releases are:
- Release 12.1.3 or above
- Release 12.2.4 or above
The ORACLE database must be at the minimum E-Business Suite compatible version specified by Oracle.
Oracle Release 11i is no longer supported by Oracle or Applaud. Please contact your Applaud representative if you wish to implement an Applaud product on an unsupported E-Business Suite patch level.
To ensure Applaud compatibility with Oracle Database 19c, you must be using August 2020 Applaud release or higher.
When upgrading to 19c, please ensure you Disable custom a subscription to the send notification event. This can be re-enabled after a successful upgrade.
To start the installation, you will need Database Administrator privileges, including:
- Access to your APPLMGR user
- Access to the Application Tier file systems
- SYSTEM password (this is required only once)
- APPS password
- Custom schema password (if choosing to use an existing customer schema rather than the recommended approach of a new one)
Use this checklist to understand each part of the installation procedure. Each step must be completed in order:
- Launch the installation
- Steps for application tiers with multiple file systems (conditional)
- Perform post-requisites
- 12.2+ specific instructions (R12.2+ users only)
- Enable network connectivity to Applaud Cloud
- Enable Database Result Cache
- Configure Single sign-on (Optional)
- Set the XXAS: Google Maps API Key profile option
- Schedule License Management concurrent program
- Run Gather Schema Statistics concurrent program
- Activate after purchase
Congratulations! Please refer to the Quickstart article to get up and running as quickly as possible.