This article is focused on the system administration tasks surrounding installation, typically performed by a Database Administrator. You will need to perform additional tasks to configure and use the app; please take a look at Quickstart for more details.
If you still need to get the patch zip, you can download the latest version from the Software Downloads section of our Knowledge base. You must register for a user account before you can download the software.
The patch zip file will be of the format xxasemp-v<version number>.zip. For example, the first-ever version of the patch file was called xxasemp-v000001.zip. When you have received this file, you are ready to follow the steps outlined below.
Applaud Solution's products integrate seamlessly with your existing Oracle E-Business Suite implementation and do not have any additional prerequisites other than those already stipulated by Oracle. Oracle E-Business Suite prerequisites are documented in relevant Oracle Applications Installation and Upgrade Guides and Supported update notes.
To install the Applaud Solution's product, you must have the Oracle E-Business Suite correctly installed on an Oracle-supported platform. The supported releases are:
- Release 12.1.3 or above
- Release 12.2.4 or above
The ORACLE database must be at the minimum E-Business Suite compatible version specified by Oracle.
Oracle Release 11i is no longer supported by Oracle or Applaud. Please get in touch with your Applaud representative if you wish to implement an Applaud product on an unsupported E-Business Suite patch level.
To ensure Applaud compatibility with Oracle Database 19c, you must use the August 2020 Applaud release or higher.
When upgrading to 19c, please Disable the custom subscription to the send notification event. This can be re-enabled after a successful upgrade.
To start the installation, you will need Database Administrator privileges, including:
- Access to your APPLMGR user
- Access to the Application Tier file systems
- SYSTEM password (this is required only once)
- APPS password
- Custom schema password (if choosing to use an existing customer schema rather than the recommended approach of a new one)
You can use this checklist to understand each part of the installation procedure. Each step must be completed in order:
- Launch the installation
- Steps for application tiers with multiple file systems (conditional)
- Perform post-requisites
- 12.2+ specific instructions (R12.2+ users only)
- Enable network connectivity to Applaud Cloud
- Enable Database Result Cache
- Configure Single sign-on (Optional)
- Set the XXAS: Google Maps API Key profile option
- Schedule License Management concurrent program
- Run the Gather Schema Statistics concurrent program
- Activate after purchase
Congratulations! Please take a look at the Quickstart article to get up and running as quickly as possible.