- On the Admin home page, select Users.
- On the Users page, select INVITE.
- Type the person's Email address. Make sure that the email address is an actual email address. Applaud validates this, not just that the email address structure is correct. You won't be able to continue without a valid email address.
- The Name box is populated from the email address you entered automatically, but you can amend this here. Unfortunately, you can't amend this after you have invited the user.
- From the available Roles list, choose the roles you want to assign this user. You can add more than one role. See our help topic, Add a role definition, assign users and configure access control.
- To suppress the standard email notification when inviting a new user, select the Do not send an email invitation option. This means Applaud doesn't send the user an email with a "Set your password" link. Instead, the user needs to select the "Reset password" option. If you're using Single sign-on, this is not necessary because a new password is not required.
- Select INVITE.
Applaud sends the user an email with an invitation to join your Applaud tenant. If they don't already have an account with Applaud, the email Applaud sends them asks them to verify their email address and set a password. If they already have an existing account, for example, on another tenant, the email that Applaud sends informs them that they've been added to your Applaud tenant.
The user account isn't valid until the invited user has verified their email address. You can see all the users who still need to verify their email address, indicated by the Invited chip on their user record. You can resend the invitation, or if you no longer want the user to sign up, you can delete their account.