Before you can add any access controls to your roles, you need to have added policies to your models. See our knowledge base article, Configure your model's access control policies article.
- Create a role definition:
- On the Admin home page, select Roles , and the Roles page, select ADD.
- In the Role definition dialog box, in the Name box, type a name for your role.
- Optionally, in the Description box, type in how you want the role to be used. For example, for employees to have access so they can book annual leave.
- Select SAVE.
- Assign users to your role:
- On the Roles page, select the role you want to assign to users.
- Select the USERS tab and select ASSIGN.
- In the Assign users dialog box, from the Users list, scroll to the user that you want to add select their name. You can add multiple users.
- Select SAVE.
- Change permissions for your models:
You can't change which models have access to this role on this page. For that, you need to open the Model access control page.
- For users who have this role assigned to view the model's data, make sure the View option is selected. To prevent users from viewing this data, clear this option.
- Users with this role can create new records for this model and make sure the Create option is selected. To prevent users from creating records, clear this option.
- For users with this role to edit existing records, you need to select the Update option. To prevent users from updating existing records, clear this option.
- For users to remove records from this model, you need to select the Delete option. To prevent users from deleting records,