Before you can add any access controls to your roles, you must add policies to your models. See our knowledge base article, Configure your model's access control policies article.
Create a role definition
- On the Admin home page, select Roles, and the Roles page, select ADD.
- In the Role definition dialog box, in the Name box, type a name for your role.
- Optionally, in the Description box, type in how you want the role to be used. For example, for employees to have access to book annual leave.
- Select SAVE.
Assign users to your role
- On the Roles page, select the role you want to assign to users.
- Select the USERS tab and select ASSIGN.
- In the Assign users dialog box, from the Users list, scroll to the user that you want to add and select their name. You can add multiple users.
- Select SAVE.
Change permissions for your models
You can't change which models can access this role on this page. For that, you need to open the Model access control page.
- For users who have this role assigned to view the model's data, make sure the View option is selected. To prevent users from viewing this data, clear this option.
- Users with this role can create new records for this model and make sure the Create option is selected. To prevent users from creating records, clear this option.
- For users with this role to edit existing records, you need to select the Update option. To prevent users from updating existing records, clear this option.
- For users to remove records from this model, you need to select the Delete option. To prevent users from deleting records,