These are the general options available to most content blocks. However, some of these settings might not be applicable to every block. In this case, please continue down the article until you see the next relevant option.
Add an action button
- Under General content settings, next to Action buttons* select the plus (+) icon.
- In the Title box, enter the text you want to appear on your button.
- Under the Type of action section, from the Opens in: list, select what and how you want the button to open.
- Open page - Loads the Target list with pages from your Applaud tenant.
- URL - You must enter the full website address in the Target box.
- Regular / Same tab - Takes the user away from the current page to the new page.
- Modal - Keeps the user on the page but opens a dialog box with the new page contained in it.
- New tab - Opens a new tab in the user's browser with the new external website.
- From the Target list, select a page from the available pages in your Applaud tenant or type the complete URL address, for example, https://www.google.com.
- From the Icon list, select an icon for your button, and from the Color picker, select a color for your button.
- From the Weight list, select how you want your button to appear:
- Normal - The button appears with a colored rectangle background with black text.
- Light - The button doesn't have a background, and the text is your selected color.
- From the Hide/show based on a model property list, select a property, and then from the Condition list, select either the Hide if true option or the Show if true option.
Show the title and header bar
Hiding the title and header bar hides any action buttons you may have included.
- If you don't want a title on your block, clear the Show the title and header bar option.
These options are affected by your Page layout options, which you configure in the Page settings dialog. See our knowledge base article, Configure your page settings.
To configure how wide you want your block, from the Preferred width list, select an option:
- Automatic - Spans the width of the column on the page depending on what page layout option you have selected.
- Full-width - Spans the width of all columns but doesn't go beyond the margins on either side of the page unless you select the Edge-to-edge option.
- Two-third - If you have a three-column page layout, this spans across two of the columns. If you have a two-column page layout set, this spans just beyond the first column, but further blocks won't appear above the advert in the second column, only below it.
- Half-width - If you have the three-column page layout, this spans across a column and a half. If you have a two-column page layout, this spans one column.
To set the Background color of your block, select the color of your choice. The color picker shows a list of preconfigured colors with 100% opacity or fully opaque.
Hide block on certain screen sizes
- If you want to prevent this block from being displayed on specific devices from the Hide on list, select those conditions where you want to hide this block.
Hide list block when there are no items to show - List block only
- If you want to prevent this block from being displayed when there are no items in the list, select the Hide this block when there are no items to show option.
Limit the number of items in a list block - List block only
- If you want only to show a certain number of items in the list at a time, select the Limit default number of list items option.
- In the Items per page box, enter the number of items to which you want to limit the list. Users can expand the list to see the rest of the items by selecting "Show more" at the bottom of the list.
Hide or show this block using filters
Show or hide this content block when certain conditions are met. For example, show to a manager but hide from a non-manager. You can base these filters on anything, such as job role, department, or location.
- Select the Hide or show this block using filters option.
- Under the Conditions section:
- Hide when ALL of the following conditions are met (and) - If you want to hide this block when the selected data meets every condition you add, add a condition under this section.
- Hide when ANY of the following conditions are met (or) - If you want to hide the block when the selected data meets just one of several conditions, add your conditions under this section.
- From the Property list, select the model's property.
- From the Criteria list, select the condition you want the property value to meet for the block to be hidden.
- In the Value box, enter the property's value you want the condition to meet for the block to be hidden.
- For lookup properties, you can select a lookup option.
- For foreign key properties, you can select any values against the default label property of the linked model. However, if there is nothing to select, there might not be any values for the property.
Export list option - List block only
Choose if you want to add an Export button to your list, so when a user selects Export, Applaud sends them an email with a link to download the exported data.
- Under the Export section, if you want to let your user export data from the list, select Enable.
- Under the Exportable properties section, select if you want to make:
- All accessible - When a user selects Export, all the model properties are exported.
Use a filter to restrict the exportable properties - When a user selects Export, only the selected properties are included in the exported file.
- From the Properties filter list, select the filter you want the user to be able to export. You can create filters on the model's access control page, see our knowledge base article, Create a new filter.
- By default, the lookup and foreign key values are shown in the export, if you want to view their ids, you can select the Include id values for lookup and foreign keys option.
Forms submission settings - Form block only
- Alter how a form is submitted, see our knowledge base article, Submission settings.
Allow anonymous - Rich text block only
- To let users who don't sign in to your Applaud tenant view this Rich text box, select the Allow anonymous option.
- Once you have selected all your options, select UPDATE to update your content block.
Other tasks you can perform here:
- Add a new form interaction
- After you've configured your Login form block, you can set it as the default sign-in page. See our knowledge base article, Replace default pages.
- About the calendar block
- About the call to action block
- About the analytics block
- About the detail block
- About the document viewer block
- About form blocks
- About the hierarchical block
- About the list block
- About login forms
- About the menu block
- About the rich text block
- About the search box block
- About the tabs content block