- Set the FND: Debug Log Enabled profile option to Yes at User level for the user who is experiencing a problem
- Set the FND: Debug Log Level profile option to Statement at User level for the same user as in step 1
- Check that FND: Debug Log Filename for Middle-Tier profile option is blank at Site, Application, Responsibility , and User level
- Set the FND: Debug Log Module profile option to xxas% for the same user as in step 1
- You will need to clear the cache using the Functional Administrator responsibility:
Functional Administrator: Core Services: Caching Framework: Global Configuration: Clear All Cache
- Run this SQL statement in SQL Developer, Toad, or other relevant IDE:
SELECT max(log_sequence) FROM fnd_log_messages;
- Log in as the user in step 1 and reproduce the problem. Then run this SQL statement to extract the contents of the log file:
SELECT * FROM fnd_log_messages WHERE module LIKE '%' AND log_sequence > [output from Step 6] ORDER BY log_sequence DESC;
- Export the contents of the output from Step 7 into Excel and upload your Excel document to your service request.
- Change back to your previous settings by reverting the profile options set in steps 1-4 and clearing the cache again in step 5.
Adding your own log output
If you are developing your own extensions and writing custom code, you may wish to insert your own log statements. Follow the Oracle E-Business Suite Developer’s Guide for details on using the FND logging infrastructure.