- On the Admin home page, select Feedback & pulse surveys.
- To create a survey for tracking employee events, such as onboarding a new employee, remain on the WORKFORCE EXPERIENCE tab. Otherwise, to create a survey to track user experience for any of your HR platforms, select the DIGITAL EXPERIENCE tab.
We include a default Applaud app survey in your digital experience survey section, which appears once every six months to one in four users. You can turn this default digital experience survey off on the Settings page. See our knowledge base article, Turn off the default Applaud pulse survey.
- On the relevant tab, select ADD, and in the Survey dialog box, in the Title box, type in a name for your survey. This is the name that appears in the survey list on the workforce experience or digital experience tab that you are working in.
- For digital experience surveys, you can add a logo that appears in the widget. Select UPLOAD YOUR LOGO and choose the image you want to appear on the feedback widget.
- In the Question box, type in the question that you want to ask, for example, "How would you rate your work experience?" This is the question shown to the user in the popup widget.
- From the Scoring list, select one of the three scoring levels:
- 0-1 (Thumbs) is where the user can select either a positive thumbs-up or negative thumbs-down.
- 1-5 (Customer Effort Score) is where the user can select a rating, for example, one to five stars.
- 0-10 (Net Promoter Score) is where the user can select a rating, for example, a number out of ten.
- If you selected the Customer Effort Score from the Scoring list, from the Style list, select either the Smiley or Star format.
- Optionally, in the Follow-up question box, type in another question that you would like to ask. For example, "Would you like to tell us more?"
- For workforce experience surveys, you need to set the Survey timing. To take feedback at particular milestones, select Set intervals. For example, for a new starter, you could have the survey appear on their first day, a week after, and then a month after. Otherwise, to take feedback from a percentage of your users, select Random.
- In the Days from Start box, enter the number of days from the start of the survey that you want the survey to appear. For example, your first one could have one day, and then the second could have seven days for it to appear a week later, and so on.
- In the Override question box, type the question that you want to ask at that interval. For example, "How was your first day?" and then "How was your first week at work?"
- In the Ask this % times box, enter the target user percentage. For example, if it's 25, then it shows up for 1 in every 4 users.
- In the Minimum days between box, enter the number of days after the user is asked to respond to the survey. For example, to submit the survey again in two months, you could enter "60" days.
- Set intervals
- Optionally, in the Thanks message box, type in a thank you note for the users who complete your survey, for example, "Thank you for your valuable feedback!" and then select SAVE.