Before upgrading, consider:
- The impact the new user interface has on your training material and user documentation
- An appropriate time to upgrade with consideration to other projects
- Packaging this upgrade with other related maintenance and upgrade activities
- Deployment of branded apps into your enterprise app store
- Change management: how and when is the right time to communicate this to your user community?
- The time required to upgrade contacts (if deployed)
- The Optional recommendations that help you get the most out of your upgrade
When you have planned your upgrade, perform these steps:
- Install the latest Applaud HCM patch from our support site. You will need patch version 1985 or above.
- Run the search indexing process (the Faceted Search Crawler)
- Add the Applaud HCM function to your responsibility (not the one with "flash" in the title)
Never do this directly on your production system. Always do this on at least one non-production system first.
Once upgraded, please perform these steps:
- Upgrade contacts
- Set the XXAS: Google Maps API Key profile option
- Consider implementing the Optional recommendations
- Do a full regression test of all deployed functionality
- Update your user documentation and training material
- Promote up to your production environment
- Release branded mobile apps into your enterprise app store and push them to user's devices
- Announce the updates to your end-users