The stepper feature presents a visual process flow of steps and their status. For example, for a job application process, you may use a stepper to illustrate the process of applying, pending, reviewing, accepting/rejecting, and offering.
- Under the Stepper section, from the Active step property list, select a property from the model that you want to base the stepper feature on. For example, you could have an "Onboarding status" property where the value changes depending on how far along in the process the person is.
You can set up a workflow to update the value of the model's property based on some action, for example, submission of a form.
- In the Step id box, type in the value you want the property to be for the stepper to highlight the step as "in progress." For example, the image shows the "New starter" step highlighted as in progress, which means the Onboarding status value is "new."
- In the Step title box, type in the title you want to appear under the step.
- From the Step text property list, select the property whose value you want to appear in the step circle. Here we have added a separate property with a numerical value for each step.
This only shows a maximum of three characters. You can use either numbers or text. However, if the text is longer than three characters, the step circle doesn't expand to contain the text. So be mindful of how your stepper looks:
Property name Value Active step property number 1 Active step property number2 2 Active step property number3 3 Active step property number4 4 Active step property number5 5
- If you want to hide the future steps in the stepper, select the Mask future steps option.