If you receive a task for approval, which was triggered by a form being submitted and there isn't enough information on the form, you can return the task to the sender. They can then select the returned task to access the original form and update it before resubmitting it.
- You can only return approval tasks that were triggered by a form.
- Users can't mark a returned task as complete. This is done by workflow once they resubmit the form.
- Users can't see any secondary actions on returned tasks.
- Returned tasks are set to be due immediately, and have a reminder for 1 day later.
- If you are not already signed into your Applaud tenant, you can select the link in your email, which loads the Applaud sign-in screen. Once you sign in, the task Approval dialog box loads automatically.
- Review the task details. In the Approval comments box, type in any comments you want to make about the approval task.
- If there are other buttons on the Approval dialog box, this might be so you can review extra detail or open a link somewhere else. Your administrator configures this in the workflow.
- To return the task to the sender, select RETURN. Applaud sends the task back to the sender to open the form and amend the details before resubmitting for approval.