Google Analytics 4 is replacing Universal Analytics. On 1 July 2023, Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits. If you still rely on Universal Analytics, Google recommends that you complete your move to Google Analytics 4. See their help article, Make the switch to Google Analytics 4.
- Set up your Google Analytics account, see Google's help topic, Get started with Analytics.
- Set up your Google tag manager. See Google's help topic, Tag Manager overview.
- On the Admin home page, select Settings.
- Under the Tracking section, in the Google Analytics Tracking or Measurement ID box, enter your Google Analytics Tracking or Measurement ID. For example, UA-123456789-1 or G-1234567. You can enter multiple codes separated by a comma.
- Applaud also collects usage data using Google Analytics codes to help improve product improvements. This includes user navigation activity, such as session duration, pages per session, bounce rate, and information on the traffic's source. No personally identifiable information is sent. If you want to prevent Applaud from collecting this data, select the Do not send Google Analytics tracking data to Applaud.
- If you want to track a specific tenant, under the Google tag manager codes section, in the Title box, enter your tracking code.
- If you want to include other sites to be monitored by this tracking code, in the Link to other sites box, type in the site you want to monitor.
- Select UPDATE.