- On the Admin home page, select Pages and select your page.
- On your page, select SETTINGS, and on the Page settings dialog box, configure each setting:
To set your page layout, from under the Page layout section, select the layout you want, see our knowledge base article, Page layouts. Choose one of the layout options:
- Stacked - Each content block shows one after the other, the full width of the page in a single column.
- 2-columns - The content blocks are shown in two columns. You can still configure a content block to span the full width of the page.
- 3-columns - The content blocks are shown in three columns. You can still configure a content block to span the full width of two-thirds of the page.
To show dynamic content on your page, you need to link your page to a model. You don't need to do this if your page just contains fixed content, such as rich text or a blank form.
- Select the Link to model option.
- From the Model name list, select the model you want to link your page to.
- If you don't want the page to load data for the signed-in user, select the option, Prevent this page from showing data from the signed-in user by default. This option shows when the page has a form or detail block and is linked to a model, and the model has a foreign key to the custom user model. This option doesn't appear when the page has a list block and is linked to a model, and the model has a foreign key to the custom user model, or the linked model doesn't have a foreign key to the custom user model.
To add a button to your page:
- In the Title box, type in the text that you want to appear on your button.
- Under the Type of action section, from the Opens in: list, select what and how you want the button to open:
- Open page - Loads the Target list with pages from your Applaud tenant.
- URL - You need to type in the full website address in the Target box.
- Regular / Same tab - Takes the user away from the current page to the new page.
- Modal - Keeps the user on the page but opens a dialog box with the new page contained in it.
- New tab - Opens a new tab in the user's browser with the new external website.
- Delete - Adds a button that deletes the whole record and its values from the model.
- From the Target list, select a page from the list of available pages in your Applaud tenant or type the full URL address, for example, https://www.google.com.
- From the Icon list, select an icon for your button and from the Color picker, select a color for your button.
- From the Weight list, select how you want your button to appear:
- Normal - The button appears with a colored rectangle background with black text.
- Light - The button doesn't have a background, and the text is the color you selected.
- From the Hide/show based on a model property list, select a property, and then from the Condition list, select either the Hide if true option or the Show if true option.
This option doesn't appear for pages without a model linked to it.
To add a title to your page:
- Under the Page title bar section, in the Page title box, type in the title you want to appear at the top of your page.
- If you want a title that changes depending on what's being viewed, make sure you've linked your page to the model as mentioned previously in this article, and you can select the Dynamic title option and, from the Model property for title list, select the property that you want to appear as the title of the page. You'll only see the dynamic title once the property id is passed, so by opening this page from a list item. See our knowledge base article, About models.
Only free text properties are shown in the list of properties.
- If you don't want to show a title on your page, you can select the Hide title bar option.
If you hide your title bar, you also hide any buttons you've added to your page.
- If you want to keep your title bar at the top of the page while the user scrolls down the page, select the Anchor title bar option.
If you anchor your title bar, any buttons you add to your page also remain anchored to the top of the page.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
A page is available to search engines if the page is visible to anonymous users or has at least one block visible to anonymous users. See our knowledge base article, About pages visible to search engines, and SEO (Search engine optimization).
- To hide the page from search engines, under the Search engine optimization (SEO) section, select the Prevent this page from being listed on search engines option. Authenticated-only pages are hidden from search engines automatically.
- To improve your page's status in search engine results, under the Meta data section select either "Static" or if your page is linked to a model, "Dynamic."
- In the Meta title box, enter the title you want to use.
- In the Meta description box, enter the description you want to use.
- Dynamic: This option only appears if the page is linked to a model.
- From the Model property for meta title list, select the property whose value you want to use.
- From the Model property for meta description list, select the property whose value you want to use.
- In the URL box, you can change the text to something a bit more concise or more recognizable.
If your page is linked to a model, choose your default page context:
For example, if you have a foreign key property in your User model to link to the Person model, the page uses that foreign key property as its object ID by default. However, if you have more than one foreign key property, you can choose which foreign key property to use as the object ID for the page.
- From the Default page context list, choose the foreign key you want to use as the page's default object ID.
Add an image to your page's background:
- Under the Page Background section, select UPLOAD and choose the image you want to use.
- From the Repeat Background list of options, select if you want your image to repeat or not. We'll use this image as an example.
no-repeat - Stretches the image to fill the height of the page. So if your image is wider, it might be cut off, as shown in this example: repeat - Keeps the size of the image and just repeats to fill the page: repeat-x - Only repeats the image horizontally: repeat-y - Only repeats the image vertically:
- Select UPDATE.
Hide or show your page using role filters. You can use role filters to hide or show the page. This also hides or shows the page item on any menu.
- To hide or show the page, select the Hide or show this page using filters option and set your Conditions:
- Hide when ALL of the following conditions are met (and) - Hides this block when the selected data meets every condition added.
- Hide when ANY of the following conditions are met (or) - Hides the block when the selected data meets just one of several conditions.
- Under the relevant section, select plus (+).
- From the Property list, select the model's property.
- From the Criteria list, select the condition you want the property value to meet for the block to be hidden.
- In the Value box, enter the property's value you want the condition to meet for the block to be hidden.