If you want your users' session duration to be longer than the default four hours, you must set up either single sign-on (SSO) or two-factor authentication (2FA). However, you can make the duration shorter than four hours.
- Set up single sign-on:
- Set up two-factor authentication
If you don't set up SSO or 2FA, users won't be asked to be remembered, even if you select a duration longer than four hours.
- On the Admin home page, select Settings.
- Under the Two-factor authentication section, from the Maximum session duration list, select the duration you want.
- If you select 4 hours or less, users will not get an option to remember their device. If users sign in with only their credentials or single sign-on, their session is limited to the maximum duration of 4 hours or less, depending on your selection.
- If you select more than 4 hours and if users sign in with their credentials and two-factor authentication (2FA) or use single sign-on (SSO), they will be asked if they want to be remembered on their device. If they select to be remembered, their session is limited to 8 hours or more, depending on your selection. When they do not select to be remembered on their device or sign in with only their credentials, their session is limited to 4 hours.
- Select UPDATE.