If you enable SSO but then can't log in using SSO, you can use the local login to regain access. This is only available to users with the Tenant admin user role. See our knowledge base article, Rescue URL for tenant administrators.
You need to configure OAuth your Applaud App. See Google, help topic, OAuth 2.0 for Mobile & Desktop Apps.
- Create a project in your Google Cloud Platform. See Google's help topic, Creating and managing projects.
- Project name: "Single sign-on for Applaud"
- Organization: "applaudhr.com"
- Location: "applaudhr.com"
If you already have a project you want to use, you can skip this step. Just make sure you select the correct project.
- Configure your OAuth consent screen, see the Google help topic, Setting up your OAuth consent screen.
- User type: "Internal"
- App name: "Applaud"
- Authorized domains: "applaudcloud.com" - The domain name of your tenant. If you're using a custom domain, you should also add the custom domain name to your allowed list of any web filters.
- Create credentials for your OAuth client ID, see the Google help topic, Setting up OAuth 2.0. Use these settings:
- For web applications:
- Application type: "Web application"
- Name: "Applaud"
- Authorized redirect URIs: "https://<tenant.domain.com>/sso/google/callback"
- COPY Your Client ID and Your Client Secret.
- For iOS:
- Application type: iOS
- Application Name: Meaning full name
- Bundle ID: com.applaudsolutions.EmployeeCenter
- Download your plist file.
- For web applications:
- On the Admin home page, select Settings.
- Under the Sign in section, select the Google option.
- In the Client ID box, type in the client ID that you generated in the prerequisite steps.
- In the Client secret box, type in the client secret you generated in the prerequisite steps.
- In the Reverse Client ID box, type in the reverse client ID in the plist file you downloaded in the prerequisite step.
- Select UPDATE.
When you access your Applaud tenant, you are shown a sign-in box with the SIGN IN WITH SSO button. You can customize your sign-in page with the Login content block. See our knowledge base article, Add a login block.
If you are signed in to your Google account, selecting this logs you into your Applaud tenant.
If you are not signed in to your Google account, selecting this opens the Google sign-in form.