The Applaud login page keeps spinning with an “Unauthorized Access” Issue in the browser's Developer Tools. However, login is successful from Oracle EBS Login.
This issue happens typically due to EBS caching. Sometimes, due to EBS Cache Management, some security menus may stay at an uncompiled state, making them inaccessible. The issue occurs in rare scenarios or may occur during any action performed on the application, such as patching.
To fix this issue, you can perform the following action in order:
- Run the below query and check if the menu is not accessible:
exec apps.fnd_global.apps_initialize(6, -1, -1);
select xxas_com_sec_pkg.test (XXELC_XXAS_BK_SIGN_IN_AD ') from dual;
- Log a support request to Oracle, requesting them to review why this particular menu is not accessible.
(Since xxas_com_sec_pkg.test users internally fnd_function. test, applaud wouldn’t have to control the caching issues that are coming from oracle.)
- Tweak the Grant (in rare cases) to fix the issue.
- Run “Compile Security Menus” for Login Page.
- Clear cache by navigating to Functional Administrator -> Global Configuration -> Caching Framework.