You can access the mobile app just as you would access any other website via a web browser on a mobile device, such as a tablet. This is called the web app.
Alternatively, you can download and install the app using an app store on a mobile device, such as a tablet or smartphone. This is called the native app.
You can install the native app from either:
- The public app stores:
- For iOS devices, see the App Store.
- For Android devices, see the Google Play store.
- Your own private enterprise app store. This typically uses another third-party Mobile Device Management (MDM) or Mobile Application Management (MAM) software.
Deploy to a public app store
When using the public app store, your users can download and install the app, connect to your Applaud tenant, and sign-in to start using it. See our knowledge base article, Connecting to and disconnecting from your tenants in the Applaud app.
So that your users can use something familiar to them to sign in, you can contact Applaud support to set up a mapping between your production hostname and either your:
- Company's name.
- Users' work email address.
- Company's website address.
You can also use a URL to the host you want to connect to, which doesn't need any mapping.