To set up push notifications, you will need to:
- Connect Oracle E-Business Suite to Applaud Cloud
- Confirm network connectivity to Applaud Cloud
- Confirm push notifications are enabled on the Oracle E-Business Suite environment
The Push Notifications API Key is no longer required. You now only need to set the Tenant Id and Applaud Cloud API Key.
During installation, your database administrators should have already set up network connectivity to Applaud Cloud. Please see Installation - Enable network connectivity to Applaud Cloud.
Push notifications will not be sent if they are not enabled on each Oracle E-Business Suite environment. In most cases, push notifications are enabled by default. However, a safety feature will automatically disable push notifications on cloned environments. Without this, there is a risk that push notifications on cloned production systems would be sent to real users' mobile devices, who would be unaware they are test notifications.
To confirm that push notifications are enabled:
- Obtain the Oracle E-Business Suite's Database Name (SID) from your Database Administrator. For example, DEV1, TST1, PROD.
- Check the profile option XXAS: Push Notifications Database Name (XXAS_PUSH_NTF_DB_NAME) at Site level exactly matches the Database Name from step 1.
- If the Database Name does not match and you wish to enable push notifications, update the profile option at the Site level and set this to the Database Name.
During installation, a one-time task will automatically set the XXAS: Push Notifications Database Name profile option at Site level to the Database Name.