This block allows you to present a list of workers, specifically a list of HR assignments. For example:
It's typically used to display a list of a manger's Direct Reports, as illustrated. It can also be used to display a worker's peers (their manager's direct reports), or a worker's manager(s).
When a person in the list has multiple worker assignments they are repeated once for each assignment with the respective job details showing against each one.
The block has these additional settings:
|Specifies one or more layouts that can be used to render this list|
|Default layout||Row Grid||The layout that is displayed when viewing the block|
|List contents||Direct reports||The assignments to list in the list|
Configuring the displayed content
You can configure most parts of the information displayed for each assignment:
- To configure the person's name format, please see Person name formats.
- To configure the job title, see Assignment information
- To configure the availability, see Availability
- The pop-up menu contains the same menu items that you would see in the sub-navigation menu for that person. To change this menu, see Menus.
Org chart layout
This view is enabled by default and provides an interactive tree visualization of a manager's hierarchy:
This view replaces the deprecated flash-based Org Chart.
- Shows a tree visualization of the selected person's hierarchy
- Allow users to see their own and other's org charts
- Allow managers to initiate actions from the org chart, such as a promotion or pay change
- Provides intelligent layout so that the nodes are organized in a natural way that utilizes screen space
- Works on all devices, including mobile tablet and desktop
- Show vacancies and open headcount
- Show either the supervisor hierarchy or the supervisor assignment hierarchy, depending on which is configured for your environment
- Allows the filters to be used to show the position hierarchy, which shows budget vs actual headcount and FTE
- Allows the filters to be used to show the organization hierarchy, which shows actual headcount and FTE
- Shows the direct report count for managers
- Allows the user to select managers to expand or collapse their direct reports and navigate down the tree
- Allows the user to select the manager's manager to navigate up the tree
- Provides controls to zoom in and out and reset the view
- Allows the user to pan around
Enabling and disabling the position and department views
The position view will be available when:
- The selected person has a position defined on their assignment
- That position is part of the primary position hierarchy for the employee's business group
- The logged-on user has been granted the permission XXAS_ORG_POSITION_CHART_PERM
The department view will be available when:
- The selected person's organization is part of the primary organization hierarchy for the employee's business group
- The logged-on user has been granted the permission XXAS_ORG_ORG_CHART_PERM
The map layout presents direct reports in a map view:
This view is not enabled by default because many environments do not have geometry data stored against their locations, which means people will not show on the map. To enable this view:
- Confirm that you have set geometry data on our locations. This is the geometry column on the hr_locations_all table
- Update the block settings and select the map layout
Customizing the list of displayed assignments - deprecated
Historically, the list of displayed assignments could be customized by creating a custom web service.
This approach is now deprecated. If you wish to display a different set of assignments to those specified please use a List block instead, which can achieve the same result with more flexibility.
Historical customizations are still preserved and you will see the name of your customized web services in the List contents field.