This block allows workers to enter a short bio about themselves:
By default, any changes to the bio are immediately indexed by the search; other users can find the worker by using keywords entered in their bio. If you wish to disable this, you can remove the About me from being indexed; please see Search for more information.
This block does not require any special parameters. It is a built using a combination of other blocks:
- The display of an About Me uses the HTML block, with a Block Action for Edit
- The editing of an About Me uses the Form block
If a user has access to update an About Me, they will see an Update button that allows them to edit and save the bio. By default, a user is only allowed to update their own about me.
Updating an About Me is controlled by the permission Applaud About Me Update Permission (XXAS_DATA_ABOUTME_UPDATE). This permission uses the Applaud HR Person data object, which means you can control which user is able to update which bio. For example, you might allow:
- An employee to update their own bio
- A manager to update their direct report's bios
- An administrator to update anyone's bio
Please use the Functional Administrator responsibility to change the default access for updating the about me.