You do not need to retrieve information to refer to owner and requestor custom user properties in conditions in both workflow triggers and if/then workflow actions.
- On the workflow chart, select the plus icon, .
- In the Workflow action dialog box, select Retrieve Information.
- From the Retrieve from model list, select the model you want to retrieve information to use in your workflow.
- The Label updates automatically, but you can change this.
- Optionally, under the Conditions section, to filter the selected data when it meets every condition you add, add conditions under the Meet ALL of the following conditions (and) section. Otherwise, if you want to filter the selected data when it meets just one of several conditions, add your conditions under the Meet ANY of the following conditions (or) section.
- From the Property list, select the model's property.
- From the Criteria list, select the condition you want the property value to meet to hide the block.
- In the Value box, enter the property's value that you want the condition to meet. You can use the User ID, any custom user properties, or any property on the submitted model where the datatype matches. For example, you can choose text values for a text condition, or for a date condition, you can choose date values. If you have a retrieved information workflow action before this one, you can choose any of those. If you have multiple retrieve information actions for the same model, each one is numbered, for example, Retrieve Person 1 Start Date, Retrieved Person 2 Start Date, and so on.
- For lookup properties, you can select a lookup option entered when you added the property to the model.
- For foreign key properties, you can select any values against the default label property of the linked model. However, if there is nothing to select, there might not be any values for the property.
Once you've added this Retrieve Information workflow action to retrieve a value, you can use it in later workflow actions such as the Set property and Create model instance workflow actions by typing @ in the field. The value is prefixed with the word Retrieved.