For the User model, after you import new users, no invite is sent. Instead, if you have the single sign-on setup, the users can gain access automatically. Otherwise, users will need to use the forgot password feature to activate their account.
In this example, we want to store a list of all countries in a model called "Country."
- Create a model, for example, "Country." See our knowledge base article, Create a new model.
- Assign access control to your new model. See our knowledge base article, Add an access control policy.
- Add two properties, for example, "Country" with the type of "Free text" and another called "CountryLookup" with the type of "Lookup." See our knowledge base article, Add a property to your model's schema.
- Create a spreadsheet with two columns. Column A: Country. Column B: CountryCode. Add all the countries you want to the Country column and all the codes to the CountryCode column.
- On the Admin home page, select Models, select your Countries model, and select the IMPORTS tab.
- On the Import page, select NEW IMPORT.
- On the Import dialog box, select UPLOAD YOUR IMPORT FILE and select your spreadsheet.
- Once your file has been uploaded, select CONTINUE.
- In the Import name box, type in a meaningful name. If you leave this blank, Applaud uses the filename.
- Under the Rows without ids section, you need to decide what you want to do with rows without IDs. This is useful if you exported data from your model and you're updating only existing rows. If you select Do not import, any rows without an ID won't be imported. To create new records, select the Import as new objects option. Applaud generates IDs automatically.
- From the Date format list, select the format you want to use.
- Under the Property mapping section:
- For each column, ensure that the Model property is where you want the data to be imported.
- To change the property, select the list and select the correct property.
- Once done, select IMPORT.