- On the Admin home page, select Models, and from the list, select the model you want to add a property to, and on the Schema page, in the Model properties box, select ADD.
- In the Name box, type in a field label, visible to your users. We recommend you use sentence cases in the singular form. For example, "Person's name." If this is a foreign key, don't add an Id at the end because your users might not understand it.
- From the Type list, select a format for your property. Lookups and Foreign keys require you to enter additional information.
Adds a text box so that users can type in almost anything they like, without restrictions to form.
Requires the end-user to enter a numerical value.
Creates a true or false result. For example, a tick box.
Requires the user to enter a date or date-time from a pop-up calendar.
Requires the user to enter a start date and an end date, and optionally times.
Requires the user to upload a file, for example, an image or a PDF. If you add a model access control policy, the underlying file property URL is only accessible to users with access to that model property. Files expire after 20 hours. So, for example, if you try to open an old export download link in an email, you'll see an error after 20 hours.
Requires the user to enter the name of particular users. Requires the user to enter an email address for an individual or an organization.
Requires the user to enter a web address (URL) for external sites.
Requires the user to input location data.
Requires you to enter multiple options for the user to choose. For example, a simple status, such as Approved, Rejected, Pending.
The reference to another model. For example, if you create a person model, you might use a foreign key to connect to a country model, where a list of countries is pre-configured.
Requires the user to choose an icon to help illustrate the purpose of the data.
Requires the user to choose a color to display as part of the data.
Applaud generates the Internal name automatically from the property name you entered, but you can amend this. You can use the internal name when managing APIs for your data. For a lookup property, each lookup option generates its own internal name or ID after you save the property. Reopen the Property dialog box to see the IDs next to the lookup options. You might need this when working with APIs and exporting data.
- If you want to make this field mandatory on a form, so your users have to complete it, select the Required option. If you leave this option clear, the field is optional for the user.
This option is not available when adding custom properties to the User model.
- If this is a Free text property type and you want to use this as the label in other areas of your Applaud tenant, select the Set as default label for this model option.
- If you want to use this property as a second unique key for updating data during integration, you can select Set as secondary unique key. When selected, values for each record must be unique. You can remove this as your secondary unique key and then choose another property. However, if there are already values for the property, you can only set this as a secondary unique key if the values are unique.
- You can only see this option for the number and free-text property types.
- You can only select one property as a secondary unique key for a model. If this is grayed out, another property might already be used as the secondary unique key.
- If you want to make the values of this property translatable into other languages, select the Translatable option. This doesn't translate the property's name. That is taken care of by the user's browser's language preference setting.
- If you selected "Date" or "Date range" from theType list, you can also choose to include the time. Select the Include time option.
- If you selected "Date range" from the Type list, you can choose to let your users select multiple random dates instead of a consecutive date range.
- Once you've completed configuring your property, select ADD.
- Edit a property
- Delete all of a model's data
- Edit a model's name, description, or icon
- Reorder properties