The mobile app can be accessed via the mobile web browser just as you would access any other website, or it can be accessed by installing the app onto the user's home screen. We call this the web app and native app respectively.
The web app can be accessed on any modern smartphone, subject to network connectivity to the backend.
The native app can be installed in one of two ways:
- Deploy via the public app stores. On iOS the app is available here; on Android, it's available here.
- Deploy to your enterprise app store, which typically uses other third-party Mobile Device Management (MDM) or Mobile Application Management (MAM) software. See our knowledge base article, Deploy to your enterprise app store.
Public app store deployment
When using the public app store, end-users can simply install the app, connect and start using it.
When a user first installs the app, it will ask them the name of the company whom they work for. For this to work, Applaud will set up a mapping between your company name and the production hostname that a user should connect to. Please contact Applaud Support with the details, who will be happy to set this up.
Although not advertised in the on-screen text, you can alternatively enter:
- Your work email address. This also requires Applaud to have set up a mapping
- Your company's website address. Again, this requires Applaud to have set up a mapping
- A URL to the host you want to connect to. This does not require any mapping.