- Create a model with the data you need. See our knowledge base article, Create a new model.
- Open an existing page or create a new one. See our knowledge base article, Add a new page and header.
- Add a tab block to your page:
- On the Admin home page, select Pages.
- Either open an existing page or create a new one and on the page, select ADD CONTENT.
- In the Content dialog box, from the Type section, select Tabs.
- In the Title box, type in a name to appear for your tab block.
- Under the Tab settings section, from the Related model list select the model whose data you want to show in a detail block or capture in a form.
- From the Tab title property list, select the property that you want to appear as the title of the tab.
- From the Tabs type list, select to either capture data in a Form or to display data in a Detail block.
- If you want the tab to not show when there is only one bit of data, you can select the Hide tabs when the related model has only one instance option. This still shows the record but removes the property tab title.
- If you want the tabs to stretch across the full width of the page, select the Stretch the tabs to 100% width. Otherwise, the tabs are only as wide as the text of the tab title.
This is with the option not selected.
This is with the option selected.
- Choose the model data properties you want to capture or display:
- In the Properties list, select X on any properties you don't want to include.
- Allow related models to be updated in the same form - you may have occasions where you need to update related models at the same time as updating your main model. For example, if you have a form to change someone's manager and update the manager, you may need to update new direct reports and/or add multiple attachments to the form. This is where multi rows come in. To enable you to create a multi-row, your main model needs to have a child model connected to it.
- You can alter any of the tab settings you set in the previous step.
- Configure your Detail or Form block. See our knowledge base articles, Add a Form block or Add a Detail block.