Using this template, get an internal job board up and running in minutes. Employees can discover other opportunities within your organization and advance in their careers.
This template contains functionality and content already covered in other Applaud template articles:
- Roles: Employee, manager, and HRSS
- Person model
- Knowledge articles
- Useful links
- Content Categories
The template adds the Vacancy model with properties to store data on new vacancies in the organization. See our knowledge base article, Add a property to your model's schema.
The Vacancy model has four workflows. See our knowledge base article, Create a workflow.
- Close vacancy when close vacancy form is submitted, which triggers when the Close vacancy form is submitted and sets values for a few properties in the Vacancy model.
- Set vacancy to new and default hiring manager to the current user if not specified, which triggers when the Create new vacancy form is submitted. It sets the New vacancy property and checks if the hiring manager for the vacancy is known. If the hiring manager isn't known, the current user becomes the hiring manager.
- Set vacancy to closing soon 3 days before it closes, which triggers when the closing date property for a vacancy model item is three days away. It sets the Closing soon property to True.
- Remove new vacancy flag after 7 days of creating it, which triggers seven days after the configured start date and sets the New vacancy property to False.
The Vacancies page is a consumer-grade internal job board with the latest vacancies, career tips, and knowledge, which you can customize. See our knowledge base article, Add a new page.
We added a background image to the page. However, you can change this to suit your organization. Edit the page, and, within the page's settings, change the page background, see our knowledge base article, Configure your page settings.
At the top of the page, we added a rich text block. See our knowledge base article, Add a rich text block.
We limited the list to only display four items until you select SHOW MORE. You can change this limit in the block settings.
A user can select BROWSE ALL, which opens the All vacancies page, which contains an exhaustive list block of all open vacancies without restrictions, and a user can search for jobs that meet their career goals.
Candidates can view vacancy details, job description, salary, location, and additional documentation by selecting a role, which opens the Vacancy detail page.
We've outlined a simple procedure for applying for open vacancies. However, you might want to build an in-app method for applying for vacancies, like creating a vacancy application form with a cover letter file field to be submitted to the hiring manager.
Candidates can also benefit from helpful content, another rich text block creates an overall header for this section.
Under this rich text block are the FAQs, Knowledge, and Useful links list blocks, which use filters to display content with the "Recruitment content" category. Make sure the category you use is selected here.
The template adds the Vacancies dashboard page, where recruiting teams and managers can manage all vacancies.
To post a new vacancy, select POST A VACANCY, which opens the Post a new vacancy page in a modal window.
The list block displays open vacancies, and any new vacancies opened within the last seven days have the "New" chip underneath. As a superuser or hiring manager, you can select the menu of any item in the Open vacancies list block to edit or close the vacancy.
Closed vacancies appear on the Closed vacancies page. To view this, on the Vacancies dashboard page, on the Open vacancies list, select VIEW CLOSED.
This page contains a list block that we have configured for closed vacancies: