- Add an Ask a question chat action.
- On the Chatbot action dialog box, select Retrieve Information.
It doesn't matter which branch you choose to add the Retrieve Information chat action. All responses are retrieved.
- From the Retrieve from model lists, select the model whose data you want to retrieve. If you want to retrieve the user's response that they typed in the chat window, select "Task." Applaud populates the Label field for you, but you can change this to whatever you want.
- Under the relevant Conditions section, select the plus sign:
- Meet ALL of the following conditions (and) - To take the next action when the selected data meets every condition you add.
- Meet AT LEAST ONE of the following conditions (or) - To take the next action only when the selected data meets just one of several conditions.
- From the Property list, select the model's property whose data you want to retrieve. If you want to retrieve the user's response, select "Title."
- From the Criteria list, select the condition you want to apply to the property.
- From the Value list, select the value you want to retrieve. If you want to retrieve the user's response, select the label you gave to the Ask a question chat action response, for example, "Ask for email - response."
- Under the Sort section, from the Property list, select the property you want to sort by, and from the Direction list, select if you want to sort by "Ascending" or "Descending."
- Select ADD.