- To send a message to the user's chat window, select Send a message:
- In the Message box, type in the message you want the bot to show to your user. This is an expression builder field, which means you can include dynamic content. See our knowledge base article, Expression builder.
- You can type "@" to insert a dynamic term from the User model or any models linked by a foreign key. You can also type "#" to insert a function.
- You can't embed File properties.
- If you have a Retrieve information action before this, you can use these properties in the expression builder. For example, "Retrieved Manager - First name."
- If you have an Ask a question action before this, you can include the user's response. For example, "Ask for email question - response."
- If you want to suppress this greeting when it's handed off from another bot, select the Skip this message when this bot was handed off by another option.
You can only see this option for the first Send message chatbot action and any Send message chatbot action that isn't the first, but all prior actions are also Send message chatbot actions with this option selected.
- Select ADD.