Two-factor authentication helps secure your users' accounts by mandating they sign in using both something they know (their password) and something they have (their phone).
The app has out-the-box integration with Twilio, a leading provider of SMS-based one-time passcode (OTP) delivery. The app:
- Allows you to enforce two-factor authentication for all users, or a subset of users (eg, just managers)
- Allows you to enforce two-factor authentication only when accessing from certain servers (eg, an external DMZ)
- Enforces two-factor authentication, regardless of whether the user logs in using Single Sign-On, the Oracle local login page, or the Applaud local login page
- Uses two-factor authentication on mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Integrates with Oracle HRMS so that any phone numbers used to set up two-factor authentication are also stored against the employee's personal information phone numbers
- Supports one-time backup codes so that a user can log in when they don't have their mobile device to hand (such as lost or stolen devices)
- Automatically de-activates Twilio users when an Oracle user is end-dated
- Allows you to code your own two-factor implementation should you not wish to use Twilio
Applaud two-factor authentication only secures Applaud. It does not apply when using standard Oracle functionality.
The app delivers two-factor authentication in the December 2019 release and onwards.